There’s a reason families and businesses alike turn to One & Only for their locksmithing…
Keeping your family and prized possessions safe and secure is a priority. Locksmiths offer an all lock replacement or an all lock solution to protecting your home, loved ones and property. Did you know that 1.5% of households in New South Wales have had an attempted break-in, with a total of 45,200 across the state.
Approximately 80 per cent of burglaries are crimes of opportunity. The burglar takes advantage of easy accessibility through unlocked security doors, open windows, poor quality locks, keys left under mats or other obvious places.
When you feel compromised, homeowners should consider an all lock solution! Even a tenant can ask a real estate agent for an all lock replacement when moving into a new house. When an intruder enters your home, they don’t just take your belongings, they also rob you of your sense of security … Don’t let this be you.
When you think of how to protect your home from invasion, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Securing your home with an all lock replacement is a great place to start and the first line of defence against burglars.
Australians are increasingly worried by the threat of home burglary and the subsequent emotional and financial impact of a break-in. Allianz Insurance offer Top Ten Tips to securing your home against theft. When was the last time you did a security checklist on your home to ensure all locks and security doors are in good working order? If you haven’t done one in a while, here’s how.
- Front Security Door
- Is it fitted with a deadlock?
- Is a door viewer required?
- Is a security chain required?
- Back Security Door
- Is it fitted with a deadlock?
- Are they fitted with locks that prevent lifting or forcing?
- French Doors
- Are they fitted with security locks?
- Are they fitted with bolts to prevent the doors being pushed open?
- Are they fitted with hinge bolts to prevent forcing if hinge pins are removed?
- Are all accessible windows fitted with locks?
- Are all windows used for ventilation fitted with window stays?
- Garages & Sheds
- Are internal doors between garage and house fitted with security locks?
- Are roller doors/tilt-a-doors securely locked?
- Are external shed doors securely locked?
- Have your locks been “re-keyed” since you have owned the property?
- Are spare keys kept securely away out of sight?
- Is a “key box” installed outside for spare keys for family, friends, caregivers etc?
- Is it fitted with a lock?
Other Considerations when deciding to choose and all lock replacement solution
Whilst the benefits are numerous, it would be remiss to ignore the fact that replacing all your locks costs more than one lock. From our experience, especially with rented premises, if you are worried that one lock (or the key system) has been compromised, it may be that all access points have been compromised. We suggest you set aside some time to consider what you need.
While this might seem like a no-brainer, homeowners aren’t always diligent about keeping doors and windows locked. Sometimes, we get complacent after living somewhere for a long period of time. People believe their neighbourhoods are safe or take the attitude, “It won’t happen to me“.
Will a All Lock Replacement stop a burglar?
When it comes to preventing a home burglary, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Always lock your doors and windows at night and whenever you’re away from the house. But if someone wants in bad enough, they probably will. Ask for more secure options if your worried.
If you haven’t already, it’s also a good idea to befriend your neighbours – two sets of eyes are better than one! Talk to your neighbours about keeping an eye on things when you’re not home. Ask them to call you or the local authorities if they detect any suspicious activity. If you plan to be away for a long period of time, it’s also a good idea to ask your neighbour to collect your mail and newspapers. This might seem like insignificant chores, but it helps your home appear “lived in”, preventing burglars from preying on an empty house.
At One & Only Locksmiths, we understand only too well the struggles homeowners face with all locks on their homes – so please consider all lock replacements and One and ONly Locksmiths.